Susan Rich Sheridan, Ed.D.
68 Maplewood Drive
Amherst, MA 01002
Other Ways to Contact Dr. Sheridan:
- Arthur Zajonc, Professor of Physics at Amherst College: How Arthur Zajonc's work with light as both particle and wave relates to Dr.
- Autism Speaks: Web site founded by Bob and Suzanne Wright in 2005. Autism Speaks is "...the nation's largest autism science and advocacy organization, dedicated to funding research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for autism; increasing awareness of autism spectrum disorders; and advocating for the needs of individuals with autism and their families." Sheridan's work with human brain activity and drawing and writing.
- C.C. Elian, Conceptual Activist - C.C. Elian is a mutimedia artist who explores concepts and systems.
- Drawing/Writing and the new literacy, a book by Susan Rich Sheridan: Links directly to Dr. Sheridan's classic 1997 workbook for teachers on the why's and how's of including drawing with writing in the classroom K-12, across subject matter, with a full range of students: ESL, ADD (attention deficit), LD (learning disabled), talented and gifted.
- Homeschool World: Practical Homeschooling Magazine's official web site - homeschool groups, articles, events, forum, curriculum resources, and much more!
- "Homo Consumericus," by Dr. Gad Saad, of Psychology Today
- Medical Hypotheses Blog: Comments written in support of Medical Hypotheses Journal and its editor Bruce Charlton, when publisher Elsevier threatened to change the method for reviewing articles for publication in this important journal which, uniquely, will publish cogent hypotheses.
- Reliable Answers: Many homeschooling resources are listed here.
- "Speaking in Tongues, or Glossolalia, consciousness states, and the mind/body benefits of fluent spiritual speech: Extending the purpose of linguistic experience," by Susan Rich Sheridan: Description of altered/transcendent consciousness states possible through SIT's (Sheridan's term, Self-Induced-Transparency) when the brain achieves an ecstatic resting brain state through a mental breakthrough, using symbolic thought, that is, drawing, writing, mathematics, music, computer languages. Dr. Sheridan also examines the spiritual practice of speaking in tongues in connection with the crown chakra state, harmonic pitches in Tibetan singing bowls, and other high-order organizational mind/body exercises and states, or SIT's.
- "Scribbles: The missing link in a theory of human language in which mothers and children play major roles," by Susan Rich Sheridan
- The Classroom Teacher as Art Coach, by Eloiese Krabbenhoft: Linking teachers with the classic 1997 workbook for teachers on the why's and how's of including drawing with writing in the classroom K-12, across subject matter, including "art," with a full range of students, from ESL to ADHD to Asperger's, while including an explanation of what "art" really is -- as meaningful visual (as opposed to verbal) mark-making. See Dr. Sheridan's papers and other books for other explanations of art as how children embark, naturally and spontaneously, into symbolic meaning-making.